Monday, September 7, 2009

Experiences Thus Far

So far I'm happy with 6X1. In the future, with each assignment, I want to avoid every first impulse, every easy outlet, and anything I deem unoriginal. I want to push my creativity to a new level. Looking at the syllabus today, I was excited about the future assignments and the possibilities I'll have to push myself. I want to be original but also have substance behind it. If it's original just for the sake of being original then I'll have failed. But I hope that won't be the case. I enjoy seeing other films in class, the more I see the more of an understanding I have of what has been done, and what possibilities there are. I know that documentary films, and experimental films are among the fewest films that I've viewed in my life and that poses a problem for me when attempting to be creative. I like working in class too. I enjoy the stress free environment, it allows for more creativity when I'm relaxed and enough time to think.

I've never worked with film before, and the other week when I heard the projector and saw my film projected on screen, seeds were planted within my head, and I'm seriously considering filming my 495 project on film. (If I have the budget) It is magical, something internally gratifying. I've yet to explain the emotions, but the generic, happy, will suffice for now.

I hope the happiness will continue.

No comments: